If you’re a Hilton Honors loyalty member, there’s some great news to make you love the program even more. It’s no secret that the fallout from COVID-19 is taking a huge toll on the travel industry. As various partners in the sector scramble to balance cost cutting and brand loyalty, Hilton has followed in the footsteps of Best Western by offering a number of loyalty extensions.
According to The Points Guy, the hospitality group has made a sweeping number of changes to facilitate the needs its loyalty members.
Elite Status Extension
Members chasing elite status will benefit for both 2019 and 2020 periods, regardless of status level.
- 2019 – Elite Status which was due to be downgraded on March 31, 2020 will now be extended to March 31, 2021.
- 2020 – Status which is set to be downgraded on March 31, 2021 will now be pushed a further year to March 31, 2022. That’s a whole two years to level up!
Points and Weekend Night Reward Extension
If you’re chasing after points, or have a Hilton branded or benefits credit card that offers free weekend nights, there are also perks headed your way.
- Points normally expiry after 12 months, but will be paused until December 31, 2020 regardless of previous expiration dates. This is a further bump from the previous May 31, 2020 pause date.
- For those who qualify for Weekend Nights, any unexpired nights issued between March 11, 2020 and Aug. 30, 2020, will be valid until the end of August 31, 2020.
Reservation Cancellations and Rebooking
- Existing reservations set for arrival on or before June 30, 2020, can either be cancelled or changed up to 24 hours before your date of arrival. Note that reservations non-refundable or advance payment reservations also qualify for this offer.
- New reservations booked from from now until June 30, 2020 (regardless of your date of stay), can either be cancelled or changed up to 24 hours before your date of arrival. Note that reservations non-refundable or advance payment reservations also qualify for this offer.
Depending on how your reservation was booked, you will need to follow up through the respective channel for assistance. For instance, customers can contact Hilton directly if they made their booking through the app or Hilton website, while those who booked through a 3rd party travel website or agency should follow up with those respective companies.
[Featured Photo: Hilton]
Discuss news, ask questions and share photos/videos!
Join the Gate Checked Facebook group.
Subscribe for daily travel and aviation e-mail updates.